1. Apply a few drops of water to a section of the floor that is less visible to test whether water to test whether your wood floor can be deep cleaned with water. If the water drops don’t soak into the floor or don’t turn it darker, your floor is sound finish, which means that you can clean it using water. In case, you floor isn’t sound finish, it’s best to call a cleaning company to do the deep cleaning for you.
2. Once you’ve ensured that can deeply clean your wood floor, ask your family members of some of your friends to help you move the furniture in another room so that you’ll be able to clean the floor easier. Make sure that you lift the furniture, otherwise it can scratch the floor.
3. Vacuum the floor with a bare floor or brush attachment to your vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and debris without causing any damages to the floor polish.
4. Take two buckets and fill them with warm water. Add some solvent-based wood floor cleaner to one of the buckets.
5. Grab a mop and soak it in the bucket containing the cleaner and then wring the mop. Clean a section of the floor and place the mop into the bucket with clean water. Wring out as much water as you can and then mop the same section. Repeat this as many time as necessary till the wood floor sparkle. Once you’ve clean the entire floor, allow it to dry.
6. Move the furniture again in the room.
The deep cleaning is done. Make sure that you don’t utilize oil-based soap cleaners, because they create a build up.